Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lauren and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day



Now Lauren is smiling and looks happy, but let me tell you, that candle hat on her head caused a lot of headache Thursday. She made the Hanakkah hat in school Thursday, but she was unhappy with the location of the candles. While at the babysitter after school, a little girl ripped one candle off. When Lauren got home, all I could hear was weeping and wailing. Weekly Thursday meltdown.

Here's the kicker - I was not allowed to simply glue the stray candle back on. I HAD to move all the candles to a new location so they would fit some image Lauren had of where they should go. After 10 minutes of crying and stomping feet, Lauren was sent upstairs to calm down while I cut off and reglued all of the candles.

Crisis over. Of course, now the hat is smashed up in a corner somewhere, but at the time, the world was coming to an end. Is this a girl thing - all the carrying on and crying and stubborness? Is it estrogen? Those of you with girls need to help me out. The drama is too much for me. Jerry absolutely has no patience for it. It's so funny to see him try. He ends up calling on me to calm her down.

Ah Lauren! You keep life very interesting!

No comments: