Sunday, September 23, 2007

Siebring Family Weekend

It doesn't happen that my entire family is together at the same location. This weekend we beat the odds and made it happen. My mom and dad (Beverly and Gary) took Conner and Lauren and Jerry and I pulled our Harleys out to my brother Eric's place in New Albin, IA. Eric and his wife Kim own about 70 acres of wooded bluff ground overlooking the Mississippi River. The north edge of their property is the Iowa-Minnesota border. My little sister Gina has been staying with Eric and Kim and working with my brother in his computer business.

On Saturday morning, Eric, Gina, Jerry, and I went on a jeep trek up to the top of the bluff in Eric's backyard. This is untouched land - no trail, no clearing, just woodland. I didn't think we'd make it to the top, but Eric did not disappoint. It was so much fun and the view was amazing. We were all having a merry old time coming down the mini-mountain when a front tire slipped over the edge of a ravine. Eric tried to back up, but he had to back uphill on wet ground. We all climbed out of the jeep. Eric hiked down and got his tractor. He made it up to the spot where the jeep was, hooked up a chain, and tried to yank that wheel back up onto the ground. Gina climbed in the driver's seat to steer while Eric yanked. The log under the jeep tire rolled taking the jeep with it. Okay, so Gina is stuck in the jeep sliding downhill. Eric yanks more. The jeep fights back and rolls over with Gina inside. Luckily, no injuries. The only thing keeping the jeep from rolling all the way down the ravine is a tree. It might become a treefort if Eric doesn't find someone with a winch and a heavy duty payloader.

Eric, my only brother. I love you, Kim loves you, and the rest of your family loves you. Get a 4-wheeler. We would all like to have you around for awhile more. If you want to kill Gina, hang her on that noose in your garage; don't send her down a ravine. :-)

JerBear and I rode our Harleys Saturday afternoon. We went over 150 miles. The weather was perfect, and since it was off-season for tourists, the roads were not full of traffic. Check the picture Jer snapped of me. Look closely at my headwear. I got a new do-rag. It's blue (like my Harley) and covered in red M-dots. Guess who gave me that do-rag.















Come on, guess.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Give up? Iron Kate Monster, of course! She surprised me on Thursday with a new Headsweats brand d0-rag. I love it!!!!!!! Thanks Woman!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm off to bed. It'll feel great to sleep in my own tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOMAN!!!! What a weekend?! Sounds terrifying and amazing all at the same time. Nice M-dots by the way!! See you for Naked Tuesday!