Why is it that when you think a week will be uneventful it ends up being super busy? I've been too swamped to blog until today. I'm writing this as my 6:55 am Composition class is taking a test. If I didn't multi-task I wouldn't get anything accomplished.
Here's a breakdown of what I've been up to since Monday:
1. Tuesday I got naked with my favorite couple. For once, I wasn't tired. Craig-O was a little sluggish. He didn't even tease me until we were walking to our cars. Of course then I had to slug him. If he's sluggish, I'm going to slug him from now on. I'm so diculous!
2. Laundry, laundry and more laundry Tuesday evening. I still haven't finished and it's Thursday.
3. Sophie (my dog) was bleeding profusely from her mouth Tuesday and left a trail of blood throughout my house. Yes, even on the carpet. That was fun!
4. Wednesday I got moved back into my office. I was at work until 5:30 trying to get everything out of boxes and into its new home. I did pretty well. But I was beat.
5. On the way out the door, The lid on the rubbermaid tub I was carrying blew off and into my face totally knocking my glasses out of whack. I thought I could run over to Rock Rapids to Conner's eye doctor and get them adjusted. Jerry and I dropped the kids at church and drove to Rock Rapids. As we drove into town, I gasped. I remembered that the businesses in Rock Rapids are open Thursday nights, not Wednesday. Great! So, we stopped at the liquor store, stocked up and drove home.
6. Because it was Whiskey Wednesday, we called Doug to come over for our ritual. He usually comes for WW and was very pleased to do so this week.
7. More drama at the school. The yearbooks came out and there's a caption under the football star's photo asking another student where the senior kegger is. The boy asking the question has never drank in his life. His parents are upset, rightly so. I want to know what is going on that adults who work for the school allow the kids to dictate what is going to happen (remember the boulder?). Teachers cannot be friends with students. This crap is not appropriate. Now the school is going to have to get all of the yearbooks back to paste a correction over that before the public sees. Geez! I'm sick of the school paying to fix other people's mistakes.
8. Today, I'm going to finish unpacking my boxes in my office. Then I'm going to get naked (Naked Thursday!!!). I have 25 journals I need to start grading as well as prepare for my Friday and Monday classes. I'm getting 20 more journals tomorrow as well. Then I need to do my killer workout, run to George for a massage, and then run to Sioux Falls to pick up some much needed supplies. I'm not sure when I'll eat supper, if at all. I hope to get home by 10.
9. Tomorrow is the vodka tasting at the Club. Jerry and I are going to that. We need to get to the lake and get the boat out, but the weather doesn't look promising. I guess we'll play it by ear.
I should come up with something for number 10 so I have a nice round number. Hmmmmmmmm
10. I need to pick up some items for my office to make it more homey. I'll see what I can find in Sioux Falls. I had planned to stop at Flower Village last night, but I had the night wrong, so I didn't get that accomplished either.
There, 10 things that are making my calm week hectic. I hope all of you are having a saner week than I am.
You're all invited to tour my remodeled office. Just call for an appointment. :-)
Later all!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment