You're leaving in the morning and I feel like a proud momma watching you fly out of the nest. All day long I have had to hold back tears. I have this feeling swelling up inside of me. It's a feeling of overwhelming certainty and calm. I see you and know you are ready. It's your time. I don't have to wish you luck because you've created your own destiny. I don't have to hope you'll do your best because you've put in the training (physical and mental) so that you are the best you can be right now. You'll never be more ready for this task. You've stayed the course during this leg of your journey and learned more about yourself.
I think I am swelling up inside, too, because I now know just how emotional these events are. Watching you finish the Ironman in April made me believe that we all have strength if we just challenge ourselves. I know I will laugh and cry more from Friday to Sunday than I have in 48 hours since April.
Here's my thoughts for you to hold while you race:
1. You are strong!
2. I believe in you!!
3. Find the fun!!!
4. Enjoy the pain!!!!
Listen for me Saturday. I'll be the crazy woman in the yellow shirt yelling "WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!"
I'll see your happy ass on Friday!
1 comment:
CUTE BUTTS!!! I not only wish I was going to watch Kate; but also to watch you on the sidelines!!!!!! You are way toooo cool!
Post a Comment