Sunday, October 21, 2007

One Nice Day Is Better Than None

Saturday was a fantastic day. The weather was perfect!!!!!!!!!! I got to ride my Harley with JerBear and with our friend Kory who just bought a Harley last week. Kory was so funny! Typcial boy with a new toy. Smile from ear to ear; taking off full throttle from every stop; canning the throttle to hear the loud pipes. I just laughed at him. Of course, I had to take his ride for a spin. Then all three of us took a short ride to Ashton. While we were in Palms, a fellow Softail Deluxe owner complimented me on my pipes - yes the real pipes on my motorcycle. He even had to shake my hand. He loved what I had done with my exhaust. That is indeed a compliment from a veteran rider like this man was.

After our ride, we met up with the Jongerius family for Chinese in Orange City. Busy place! CJ wasn't feeling quite right, so he got to see Grandpa and Grandma. Jack and Hailey joined us and they were so cute. All the kids were into the Chinese zodiac descriptions printed on the placemats. Jack and Conner played "Guess What Number I Have Behind My Back" and Lauren and Hailey chattered away. Lauren would LOVE to have a big sister. Kate hadn't been feeling well either, but she needed to get out of the house for awhile. She looked better when we left. I think that was the most she had been able to eat for a few days. Poor thing. I hope she's doing better today.

When we got to George we stopped at the Dykstras. They had a campfire going in the back yard. The kids ran around while we got a little "wound" around the fire. We bid farewell to Doug's 7 year old sandals and toasted marshmallows in their embers. Doug now MUST buy new sandals. He'll have no choice come spring. Krista was doing a happy dance because she was tired of those tired sandals. They were older than their second child!!!!!

Of course, we stayed out much too late but had a lot of laughs, so it was worth it. Today JerBear and I sacked out for two hours. Oooooops! We didn't mean to nap that long. I guess we needed it.

I hope the weather behaves better this week than it did last week. A little sun would be nice. I'm anxiously awaiting my training schedule from Brad. He usually emails it about now. I've been doing a lot of focused Z. I feel calm and centered. That is my mantra for the upcoming week. Calm and Centered. Stay Calm and Centered. I can make it through grading hell. In fact, it will be grading bliss. I will have fun reading 42 essays. I get the opportunity to connect with 42 students. They get the opportunity to connect with me. It will be good. Calm and Centered......................................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice weekend for the Jurren's family! Especially the Chinese!