Saturday, October 13, 2007

Now That's What I Call Productive!

Oh yeah, baby! Got the attic cleaned out today! We filled a dumpster and filled 6 large bags of items to donate to Justice for All. I also have several totes of items to bring to the consignment shop. In addition, I got two bags of items to a friend with two daughters.

The award for the best re-use of an item goes to - Sophie. She got all "new" bedding today. I found several old blankets and comforters that I'll never use again, so I decided to give them a second life and pass them on to Sophie. She has been snuggled in all day. This was a perfect day for it. You rock Sophie!!!!

I've been asking myself why I hung on to all of those clothes for so long!!! Some of that stuff I had since college. Hello! That's like 15 years!!!!!!!!! Did I really think pleated pants would come back in style? Even if they do, I don't think I'll wear them. Been there; done that. I feel as if I've closed the door on a part of my life. I'm onto a new stage. A better stage. A more fulfilled stage. I know myself and what I want. This picture is what started my change. This photo was taken about 5 years ago. I was becoming frumpy; no, I WAS frumpy! I just didn't realize it. Getting rid of the old stuff makes it official! I will never be a frumpy, insecure girl trying to hide behind my clothes. No more mommy pants and no more pleats!!! I never want to see this person looking back at me in the mirror. Can you believe this was me?

I got the chance to see my girl Stephanie today. She was hanging at home, so she cruised over to George to chat. It was sooooooooooooooooo much fun catching up. Her life is super busy right now, but she seems excited about the changes in her life - new job, new town, new house (next week), reconnecting with friends. I miss seeing her every day at NCC, but I know she's moving in good direction. The right direction. What I love about Steph is that we instantly hit it off and that now, even though we haven't seen each other for months, we just start right off where we left off. She's an easy friend.

Speaking of friends......................
Last night I got to go to the Club with Kate, Beth, and Lisa. Girls night out! We had a great time. I'm afraid I kept Kate out too late. She had a big day today with her training as well as taking Jack and Hailey to a taekwondo tournament in Sioux Falls. She makes me tired! She must be the energizer bunny - she keeps going, and going, and going, and...........................

In less than a month we'll be down in Florida cheering on Kate in her World Championship triathlon. I saw her running yesterday, and let me tell you; that girl is kickin it! She's looking good - strong, smooth, in her element. I am getting anxious to see her race. How lucky I am to have an accomplished friend like her!

I'm off to bed. JerBear's sleeping in the chair. Poor guy! He ran up and down two flights of stairs about 20 times Friday night and 20 more times today.

Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That picture is just killer...I have one of those pics as well that makes me think WTF was I thinking?!?! I think I am going to have to post it now!

The club was super fun and not too late...I am just a light weight!